Based in Santa Rosa, California, CMPR advises a diverse group of businesses locally, nationally and internationally. Please visit our website at www.cmprlaw.com to learn more about our firm. The firm is also a member of Alliott Group, a worldwide alliance of independent accounting, legal and consulting firms. For more information visit www.alliottgroup.net.
CMPR is always looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team. Our goal is to hire well educated, dynamic, experienced individuals with a positive attitude. Our salary and benefits are competitive with the other leading firms in the North Bay.
If you are relocating, we would be interested to know why you have chosen Sonoma County.
Please email your resume with a cover letter to our business manager, Coral Cogbill at email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
Affordable Housing Attorney
We are currently seeking a qualified associate to work on a variety affordable housing tax credit projects, as well as general real estate matters. The ideal candidate will have strong academic credentials, 3-6 years of experience, and familiarity with complex financial transactions – including syndication and lending. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to work as an effective member of a team and combine sound judgment with creative problem-solving skills.
Commercial Litigation Attorney
We are currently seeking a seasoned litigation attorney with first-chair level experience in commercial litigation matters. The ideal candidate will have some established clients or a developing book of business with an excellent track record. In addition to excellent legal skills and work product, the ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and a mind for business development. Candidates must be confident leading a team of associates and paralegals, developing and implementing litigation strategy, building long-term relationships with clients and supporting the litigation needs of the firm’s other practice areas.
Environmental and Land Use Attorney
We are currently seeking an Environmental and Land Use attorney with excellent research and writing skills.
The candidate must have at least five years of experience, but preferably much more (up to and including partner level candidates):
• Analyzing CEQA documents (MNDs, EIRs, Subsequent CEQA documents, and Addendums)
• Analyzing CEQA issues
• Overseeing administrative record preparation
• Drafting findings, trial briefs and other pleadings
• Preparing appellate briefs and pleadings
The candidate must have:
• Ability to analyze and address statutes with CEQA-related issues, such as endangered species, surface water rights, and ground water availability
• Basic knowledge of general government statutes, such as the Public Records Act, Brown Act, and conflicts of interest
The candidate must be able and willing to:
• Maintain cooperative working relationships with government staff members, consultants, and officials and members of the public
• Appear and speak effectively at fast-paced, large, lengthy, and controversial public hearings
• Appear and argue in court
• Manage workload and meet deadlines
• Work in several different jurisdictions
Real Estate Transactional Attorney
We are currently seeking a transactional attorney who has background experience in real estate transactions. Useful experience would include acquisitions, title review or financings. The ideal candidate will have 6-10 years of experience, strong academic credentials and excellent contract drafting skills. Must be familiar with complex transactions and demonstrate an ability to work as an effective member of a team and combine sound judgment with creative problem-solving skills.
Senior Trademark Paralegal
We are recognized nationally and internationally as one of the premiere boutique law firms for food and alcoholic beverage companies, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and intellectual property. CMPR’s intellectual property work involves managing and protecting our client’s IP portfolios, including U.S. and foreign trademarks, patents, copyrights, trade secrets, and domain names. CMPR seeks a senior trademark paralegal to join our growing IP Practice Group.
Assist CMPR’s intellectual property attorneys in all aspects of trademark selection, prosecution, registration, and enforcement in U.S. and foreign jurisdictions, including:
- prepare trademark clearance searches for attorney review
- prepare applications, specimens, declarations, and other documents for attorney review, and assist in all filings with the USPTO
- correspond directly with clients on all facets of trademark prosecution and maintenance
- manage trademark calendar deadlines
- manage docketing and data entry in firm trademark database
- work with foreign counsel in the prosecution and maintenance of foreign trademarks, including arranging for payment of bills from foreign counsel
- assist in the research, preparation, and filing of responses to Office Actions and pleadings and motions in TTAB Oppositions and Cancellation proceedings
- advise clients on appropriate trademark use
- assist in intellectual property due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, including creation of reports and schedules
- prepare and file intellectual property assignments
- assist in IP enforcement activities
- support all aspects of copyright and domain name portfolio management
- other duties as may be assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position
Bachelor’s Degree and a Paralegal certificate, a 4-year Paralegal degree, or foreign legal degree
Minimum of 5 - 7 years’ experience providing high quality trademark services to clients
Professional demeanor, strong attention to detail, and good interpersonal skills
Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and USPTO databases
Strong research and analytical skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Superior organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize workload
Ability to handle a large volume of deadline-oriented work
Strong commitment to clients and work ethic
Accounting/Admin Office Clerk
Downtown Santa Rosa law firm seeks experienced person with strong computer and organizational skills. Great career opportunity for the qualified candidate.
- Applicant must have minimum of 2-3 years office experience
- Law firm background required
- Must be computer literate and understand basic accounting concepts
- Legal billing experience mandatory
- Flexibility – Must handle a broad spectrum of tasks
- Ability to work independently
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Input data related to client accounts payable
- Input attorney daily time sheets
- Assist with monthly billing
- Reconcile client trust and client costs
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Maintain accounting files: create new files and prepare files annually for storage
- Monthly reconciliation of multiple Visa statements
- Various general office tasks
The duties of this position are varied, as are all admin positions with this firm. To be successful in this position you will need a can-do attitude. This is an opportunity to become a member of a great team. We will not respond to resumes that do not reflect the desired skill set.
Full time 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
Salary comm. with/experience