CMPR is always looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team. Our goal is to hire well educated, dynamic, experienced individuals with a positive attitude. Our salary and benefits are competitive with the other leading firms in the North Bay.
Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney
Excellent career opportunity for a dedicated intellectual property litigator with 7-10 years of trademark litigation and other IP litigation experience to join one of the top trademark and general IP teams in the North Bay. The ideal candidate will have experience in district court litigation, TTAB proceedings, foreign oppositions, UDRP matters, licensing disputes, and routine enforcement. Copyright litigation experience preferred. Requirements include strong academic credentials, superior writing skills, the ability to quickly absorb and analyze large amounts of information, an aptitude for creative problem solving, the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, strong interpersonal skills, excellent judgment, and a sense of humor. Great pay and benefits working in bucolic Sonoma County
CEQA/Land Use attorney with:
Excellent research skills
Excellent writing skills with an emphasis on brevity and a simple, clear, plain English writing style
The candidate must have at least five years of experience:
- Analyzing CEQA documents (MNDs, EIRs, Subsequent CEQA documents, and Addendums)
- Analyzing CEQA issues
- Overseeing administrative record preparation
- Drafting findings, trial briefs and other pleadings
- Preparing appellate briefs and pleadings
- Ability to analyze and address statutes with CEQA-related issues, such as endangered species, surface water rights, and ground water availability
- Must have a basic knowledge of general government statutes, such as the Public Records Act, Brown Act, and conflicts of interest
Must be able and willing to:
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with government staff members, consultants, and officials and members of the public
- Appear and speak effectively at fast-paced, large, lengthy, and controversial public hearings
- Appear and argue in court
- Manage workload and meet deadlines
- Work in several different jurisdictions
CMPR currently has a position open for a highly qualified associate attorney with 3-5 years of experience in the area of employment law counseling and litigation. Experience handling wage & hour issues, EEOC and DFEH complaints, Labor Commissioner hearings, employee handbooks and policies, and an in-depth knowledge of employment law is desired.
Ideal candidate will have strong academic credentials with excellent research and writing skills. Must be familiar with complex transactions, be able to work independently, interact with clients, exercise sound judgment and think creatively.
This is an opportunity to practice in a location being chosen by a rapidly growing number of companies and entrepreneurs. CMPR advises a diverse group of clients, locally, nationally and internationally. Please visit our website at www.cmprlaw.com to learn more about our firm.
Legal Secretary - Transactional
CMPR has an opening for a full-time transactional assistant with a minimum of five years of legal secretarial experience. Primary focus is on transactional work, including real estate and corporate mergers and acquisitions. Qualified applicants are required to be well organized, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and must have superior attention to detail/proofreading skills.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. If you are relocating, we would be interested to know why you have chosen Sonoma County. Please email your resume with a cover letter to our business manager, Coral Cogbill at email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.