Based in Santa Rosa, California, CMPR advises a diverse group of businesses locally, nationally and internationally. The firm is also a member of Alliott Group, a worldwide alliance of independent accounting, legal and consulting firms. For more information visit www.alliottgroup.net.
CMPR is always looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team. Our goal is to hire well educated, dynamic, experienced individuals with a positive attitude. Our salary and benefits are competitive with the other leading firms in the North Bay.
If you are relocating, we would be interested to know why you have chosen Sonoma County.
Please email your resume with a cover letter to our business manager, Coral Cogbill at email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
Affordable Housing Attorney
We are currently seeking a qualified assoc
CMPR currently has a position open for transactional attorney who has experience in mergers and acquisitions and other corporate finance transactions, including start-up and venture financings, bank and other debt financings, joint ventures and related matters, as well as broad corporate law experience. The ideal candidates will have 3-8 years experience, strong academic credentials with excellent research and writing skills. Must be familiar with complex transactions and demonstrate an ability to work as an effective member of a team and combine sound judgment with creative problem-solving skills.
We seek a seasoned litigation attorney with first-chair level experience in commercial litigation matters. The ideal candidate will have some established clients or a developing book of business with an excellent track record. In addition to excellent legal skills and work product, the ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and a mind for business development. Candidates must be confident leading a team of associates and paralegals, developing and implementing litigation strategy, building long-term relationships with clients and supporting the litigation needs of the firm’s other practice areas.
CMPR is an excellent platform for growth, as an increasing number of businesses and entrepreneurs choose Sonoma County as their home, and smaller firms for their legal needs. We advise a diverse group of businesses locally, nationally and internationally.
Senior Trademark Paralegal
We are recognized nationally and internationally as one of the premiere boutique law firms for food and alcoholic beverage companies, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and intellectual property. CMPR’s intellectual property work involves managing and protecting our client’s IP portfolios, including U.S. and foreign trademarks, patents, copyrights, trade secrets, and domain names. CMPR seeks a senior trademark paralegal to join our growing IP Practice Group.
Assist CMPR’s intellectual property attorneys in all aspects of trademark selection, prosecution, registration, and enforcement in U.S. and foreign jurisdictions, including:
- prepare trademark clearance searches for attorney review
- prepare applications, specimens, declarations, and other documents for attorney review, and assist in all filings with the USPTO
- correspond directly with clients on all facets of trademark prosecution and maintenance
- manage trademark calendar deadlines
- manage docketing and data entry in firm trademark database
- work with foreign counsel in the prosecution and maintenance of foreign trademarks, including arranging for payment of bills from foreign counsel
- assist in the research, preparation, and filing of responses to Office Actions and pleadings and motions in TTAB Oppositions and Cancellation proceedings
- advise clients on appropriate trademark use
- assist in intellectual property due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, including creation of reports and schedules
- prepare and file intellectual property assignments
- assist in IP enforcement activities
- support all aspects of copyright and domain name portfolio management
- other duties as may be assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position
Bachelor’s Degree and a Paralegal certificate, a 4-year Paralegal degree, or foreign legal degree
Minimum of 5 - 7 years’ experience providing high quality trademark services to clients
Professional demeanor, strong attention to detail, and good interpersonal skills
Legal Secretary - Transactional and Litigation
CMPR has an opening for a full-time assistant with a minimum of five years’ legal secretarial experience. Qualified applicants are required to be well organized, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and must have superior attention to detail/proofreading skills. This desk is a combination of transactional work, including real estate and corporate mergers and acquisitions, and civil litigation. Your resume must confirm a solid background of civil litigation experience in both State and Federal Courts.